Saturday, December 20, 2008

Now's A Good Time to Remember This

Layout Title: "Give Me the Simple Life"
Journaling for this layout is taken from one of my favourite songs "Give Me The Simple Life" (Lyrics by Harry Ruby, Music by Rube Bloom)

Folks are blessed who make the best of everything
Living by their own philosophy
Everyone beneath the sun must find a way
I have found the only life for me

I don't believe in fretting or grieving
Why mess around with strife
I never was cut out to step and strut out
Give me the simple life

Some find it pleasant dining on pheasant
Those things roll off my knife
Just give me tomatoes and mashed potatoes
Give me the simple life

A cottage small is all I'm after
Not one that's spacious and wide
A house that rings with joy and laughter
With the ones you love inside

Some like the high road, I like the low road
Free from the care and strife
Sounds corny and seedy but yes indeedy
Give me the Simple Life

'Nuff said.

2 comments:

sharon said...

hey sharon

Happy holidays ... merry xmas

Shirley said...

Love this! I am so moved by the lyrics. I have always wanted to do an LO based on a song but have nvr found the correct song. This is great!
Have a fantastic xmas!