Saturday, August 15, 2009

Reasons to Celebrate

Reason No. 1: She's 8 years old todayShe's happy, healthy, sweet, obedient, generous, kind, funny and such a good kid - I have so many reasons to be thankful.

We had a few school friends over for some cake, ice cream, ribena and shrink plastic fun. (Laine's has some in stock right now by the way).

She made these:
and I made this - couldn't resist joining in the fun.Reason No. 2: My First Time...
I got this in the mail....
(Stamper's Sampler Aug/Sep 2009 issue)
Then started jumping up and down like a mad woman (not kidding - ask my husband) when I saw what was inside:
The fine print reads: "All samples on this page were created by Sharon Ong who lives in Singapore" - that's me!!!!!!!!!!!

All this is possible because of Michele (head Onion), who suggested I send my work in to them - wouldn't have even considered it if not for her - thank you Michele

The jumping up and down has stopped but the grinning is going to be around for at least a little while longer I think...

9 comments:

Lydia said...

awww!!! congrats sharon!!! totally understand your joy and your instant jumpings~ hehe...

Sue Lui said...

Congrats Sharon!! So totally deserved. :) And Happy Birthday to Beth, she's growing up to be such a pretty girl. I like your cartoon drawing. Very nice. :)

Wendy Kwok said...

Congrats Sharon. That was the best class I attended! Totally creative! You should be sending in more!

Wati Basri said...

happy belated birthday to Beth!! and of course CONGRATS sharon for being pub!!! hugs....i dftly believe you, I did the same when I was pub for the 1st time...hehehehe

Julie said...

wahoooooo on the mag pub Sharon. Your work is awesome.

Happy b'day to your little on too.

Edleen said...

your girl is so Beautiful. Happy 8 yrs old! :)

and huge Congrats on being pubbed!!! whoohoo...

Peggy said...

Happy birthday Beth!!!! Your girl is beautiful Sharon!
And congratulations on being published, you so deserve it!!! I'm so happy for you.
xxx Peggy

Sasha Farina said...

woooohooooo!! more to come for sure.. ! *hugs* Congrats my friend!

lialuvsblythes said...

wooooww congratulations on the pub, Sharon!! Your art and creativity is deserving of manymany more!