Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Very Merry Christmas and A Really New Year

This year I made 4 Christmas cards....and an important decision

First the Christmas Cards: made with lovely Purple Onion stamps

And now the decision...

Next year I'm going to be working from home quite a bit - so I can be with my kids more. I know I have to do this now, while I can, 'cos I don't want to look back and wish I had done it while they were little. And I'm very grateful that my sis has been so great about adjusting arrangements so that this can happen. So....I'll still be teaching (probably at Laine's), just twice a week and I'll be designing at home on other days.

Not sure how it will work out (maybe I'll end up driving my kids up the wall and vice versa - haha!) but they're looking forward to it and I am too....a mum's gotta do what a mum's gotta do!

So have a very blessed Christmas everybody! And here's to a very happy NEW year!

7 comments:

Laney said...

Your cards are stunning!

Blue Banana said...

I would like to wish a truly blessed and peace-filled Christmas and New Year for your entire family!

Merdrey said...

you will be missed!! In fact, am already missing you at PaperMarket!!!

Edleen said...

those Christmas cards are delightful Sharon!

i think your kids will truly appreciate having more time with you even if you do drive them up the wall ;) err..like i should know eh? hehe...

Merry Christmas and have a Fabulous New Year in 2010 :)

Wendy Kwok said...

I love that decision you make. It is true... kids grow up so fast and we really dont want to miss those years. Have a happy new year!

Chowchow said...

Happy New Year 2010 Sharon. May the New Year bring you even more blessings and happiness. Well - I have always said that no one should make any apologies for staying home with their kids. Eventually - the family is always the most important and we have such short time with the kids. Spending time with them is the most valuable gift that a mother can give to their kids. Kudos on making that difficult decision and I am sure your kids will appreciate and love to have you home guiding them always.

CK Chai said...

Beautiful cards! I especially love the very 1st one!!!